Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Mayday, Mayday.

You know, come any First of May (which is, uh, today), my mind takes a road trip back to this thing called nostalgia... What? I'm not that old! Yeeesh, what is wrong with you people?

Growing up -- almost normally, thank you very much -- I always chance upon this audio tape cassette and the cover just strikes me as, I don't know, perfect. Jesus, getting all mushy pie here. And it is the Best of Bee Gees [Volume One].

Bee Gees in Yellow


Something about this image has this presence I just can't quite describe. And notice there are four Brothers Gibb and not three. Mysterious, eh? Well any damn fool can Google about the Bee Gees.

No thanks to the wonders of Amazon.com's image scanning technology, the image above is absolute crap. I don't remember it being this orange; yellow is what I remember. And the words being this choppy. Or the red being this... magenta. Yay, for sarcasm.

"First of May" is the first song I ever heard from the Bee Gees. The lyrics just hit me right too. Boy, I must have been a really deep kid at 5. Now that I'm touching thirty... I miss a lot of things. Spare me a twinkling of a moment while I wear my heart on my sleeve. Sadness, joy and memories are all parts of being human I suppose.

When I was small and Christmas trees were tall, we used to love while others used to play...

Just be warned : Don't cut me some compassionate slack and I'll fucking murder your family. Just don't be surprised you'll find yourself eating some funky tasting curry me. It's good to be me.

Another Sidenote : Yay! My cousin's back... Damn, has he missed out on the wonders of Adult Swim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home