Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Monday, January 29, 2007

Recurring Moles

Having recurring moles... sucks.

I had one of mine removed on Thursday, and it just so happened to lie strategically on a laugh line... What? I am that old, okay? I don't love the skin I'm in, so just too bad. I just let gravity do its work. The only law the people on Earth can never break, duh!

So back to my mole issue, it's no fun having a plaster on the face, and everyone will look at it and ask about it(if they dare). And now that it's drying up, with scab and all, how it itches and the inevitable scratch might just make it all the more worse. And there was no avoiding the abrasive relationship I would have with this healing wound. So it was bad enough that I accidentally scratched off the newly formed scab. Ouch.

And to top it all off, another mole is making a re-appearance.
(which CD pointed it out on Saturday's meetup -- great outing, by the way.)

Now, this other mole near my eye, I loved it once. That is, when it was intact an untouched and unmarred. Now that it has already been surgically removed -- an incision made, of course -- there is a scar. And on that scar, re-emerges remnants of what it once was. Then a promptly [stupid] question came, "Why not keep it?"

Rrgh. When it's already been mutilated. You think I would keep it now?!

This mole near my eye was my favourite, although it would be a lousy way to keep anonymity. However superstition had me removing it. Odd, yes, to the modern mindset. It was believed that a mole near the eye(s) it called a "Teardrop Mark", in other words, a sign of sorrow or misfortune, if you please.

I should think so, considering how many children were given away. All that sorrow of having been discarded just because of a melanin [excess] growth on the wrong parts of your face. Such sorrow indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home