Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Friday, January 12, 2007

Oldie adding on.

Heh, can't believe I've been keeping a regular blog. How...boring.

Woouh. So here I am, going through all my bookmarks*. And a lot of needed updating. I mean -- come on! -- a simple word in the wrong place of the URL and it's a 404 error. Alas, alack, so many of those bookmarks are no more, while others have shifted on to big servers (yay) and the rest... I'm no longer interested in. Surprise, surprise.

Big question of the moment : Why change so much in 6 months? Hmm.

That reminds me, I was wondering why I couldn't read those Japanese pages. After the BIG INSTALL, I kept wondering why the hell I couldn't see my old favourite Jap sites. And the reason? I am running an old Operating System, Windows 98 Second Edition. AND STOP ASKING WHY!!! Vista's coming out later, OK?! So stuff it.

Windows 2000 and XP already have that support in their installation. Does that mean Microsoft only learned to speak beyond Cyrillic after the millennium? Anyway, what I needed was a miracle installation called a Language Pack... which I found after consulting the Mozilla knowledge repository Anyway, here's the URL to several of those East Asian Languages Packs & IMEs.

And now...? "Ta-dah!" Look to the right.

Nihon go arimasu, yo!


* And if you're wondering what sort of bookmarks I have? Uh, I tell only my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home