Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Get Your Geek On!

3 Fingerings..? WTF!

These are the Dvorak keyboard layouts.


Huh. And just when I thought there was only one, which I figured was a lefty's (see the topmost diagram) heaven sent... which isn't pretty much of use of me, since I use my left hand for all that menial stuff. And breaking people's noses.

Well, believe it or not, this was somewhere deep inside my backup CD-ROMs which I am midway through sorting out. Alphabetizing and updating and -all- that shit. And so ends day five of my data repository rearrangement. Full of junk, an occasional golden nugget here and a chance spotting a random bit of a juicy gossip log there.

Why the hell would I want with a Dvorak? I don't know and I don't care to remember. Whatever it is, I can't pronounce Duh-vor-raak, nor do I have a love for the composer's music (too nostalgic, blech). Of course, the latter's unrelated to computing in the first place.

Next time on the Lyne... The actual mess in my room! Hooray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home