Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Friday, June 09, 2006

World Cup!

Yay. Now all I have to do is work doubly hard while the men are incapacitated from the fußball... Oi. And also work as an alarm clock since I can't quite go to sleep that easy. Sweet. Now there's putting insomnia to go work.

Oh, man. And Cisse had to have his leg broken. Ouch.

Speaking of World Cup Widows (ie. the abandoned significant others), I sort of understand why they were left in the first place. I don't know if some of my friends recall this, but whenever there are major rugger events -- like the World Rugby Cup? -- THEY HAD BETTER LEAVE ME ALONE. I mean it.

What can I say? It's my fix. And if you think I am going to feel sorry for you lot? Dream on. Go do something else, like browsing through the Great Singapore Sale. Oh. My. God. GSS!!! All right, people. Now you know why I am exhibiting ADD. So leave me alone. July is the best time to bother me again.

* * *

Jose + 10

Adidas Jose + 10 TV Advertisement

A pseudo-related (pseudo-related?) nugget : There is this telly ad going on the airwaves and it took me the third time to realize who was the feature in this ad. Set probably in the ghettos of developing Latin America, two boys are having a game of football (soccer to those bloody Yanks). So they call out names of their team members who are players like Cisse, Kahn, Kaka, Zidane. Wooh! Sure is cool to have all of them on your side... and some...

My favourite part?
Smaller Boy - Jose
"Beckenbauer!"
Larger Boy - Challenger
"Beckenbauer? Ha! Ha! Ha--?"
The man himself sporting his German football jersey walks up and joins his team.

Wow. That was just so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home