Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Monday, May 08, 2006

A [real] Medical Check Up

So I met my endocrinologist this morning. 9:10 fucking-in-the-a.m., I might add. It's not normal, I tell you!

Seems like a nice fella, way so serious too. I like his assisting nurse, she is so pleasant. Anyway, it is a good idea to be tying up his consultation with my Sports Medicine consultation. Now, what was the name of that Doctor over there. Damn, I can't remember.

Anyway, just when I thought the doctor couldn't possibly get more serious. I was about to have a physical examination, when he then turns to the nurse and asks, "Could you hand me my stethoscope, please?" The nurse and I exchange looks, it was a classic moment immortalized. She then politely indicates to the instrument hanging around the good doctor's neck. "You have it there," she points out. "Oh, yah." The doctor almost sheepishly replies, and then resumes to check me up (even depressing my ankles and checking for the usual signs of diabetes).

Thus was born the perfect moment of comedy. Serious people are fun to be with.

Okay, then comes having my blood test. You wouldn't believe who I was sitting with at the waiting area. Former Speaker of Parliament, Doctor Tan Soo Khoon and my former place of residence's Member of Parliament, Teo Chong Tee. Yeah, I guess no one would believe me. They must have been there for the routine seniors checkup. Too bad I didn't bring my cellphone or camera for a shot of two old men chatting away. I just didn't like the fact that Dr. Tan kept staring at me. What? Young people -- like yours truly -- do have health issues, you know. Either that or I could throw in a little narcissism...

Teo Chong Tee was Changi's MP over a decade ago, and I lived in that area till I was 14. (The Amazing Race 3 goofed it up and called it 'Changai'.) And now he sports a George Hamilton tan. (O.o) Dr. Tan Soo Khoon looks smaller than he actually does when portayed on various media forms. But his head is just as shiny. (Ooh!)

Serendipity rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home