Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I speak lots... till I can't sleep.

Big deal. Many people can speak more languages than I can.

So here I am, at 2 a.m., trying to sleep but just couldn't resist playing with the PC. (Dumbass.) And right now, all I can think about is what a classmate of mine said...

"So you're a Baba?!"

Urgh. I know it's just small talk and she's a friendly, bubbly personality who lives a couple of blocks away from me. (I still can't believe it. What are the chances?) Anyway, I hate being called a "Baba" because...
(1) I am not one, but grew up Peranakan style.
(What a headache that is.)
(2) My name is not Ali Baba and I want nothing to do with 40 thieves.
(Except kill them.)
(3) I do speak English, Malay, Chinese (& some Hokkien/Teochew), some Japanese, some German, and a few phrases in Spanish and Thai.
(So my brain makes no bloody sense whatsoever.)
(4) I may be an only child but STOP SAYING THAT I AM SPOILT!!! I always wanted to tear off the head of whomever says that. And if I did, I would get messy with blood all over my clothing. (Uh, ignore the fourth bit. What - was - that...?)

Yeah. Yeah! Screw you! Whatever! I'm going to bed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who said you were spoilt sia?

Regards,
~ CD

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:08:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, lah. Yah, lah.

You iz my fren mah...
But you do know me, what!

~ yeoman lyne

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:08:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home