Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Sprechen Deutsch

"Jetzt Ich sprechen Deutsch..."

Or at least for this short moment. And not surprisingly, my throat hurts. Anything with an "R" is guttural like French -- almost interjectory. And Heiße is nasty on keyboard input, along with every other umlaut I can possibly imagine. Damn, I need a list.

I am on German lessons now, starting tonight but the teacher (Die Frau) wasn't here. So there was this relief teacher (Der Mann) -- Kristoff (sp?) -- who has this hilarious irk for Bavarian or Southern German speech. And the infamous Führer was his greatest thorn in his backside. Can't blame the Berliner, since the non-German dud practically had the language murdered.

Did you know that Angela Merkel has this doctorate in physics? Christ.

Well, at least now I know how angst is pronounced. And it is always easier to type in German. Now that my throat is sore, I'd love to shut up and read my Japanese, thank you very much. Mruh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home