Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Monday, December 19, 2005

I like sheep... I guess...

Now sheep, ovine, fleecy thingies on fours, whatever they are called. They sure are loveable, maybe because of their wanting to be led? How they bleat in their flocks of winter's wool...?

Nah. Hogwash.

But there is always the symbolism of lambs especially in the case of religion. And these fellows below have it in their song...

The Whiffenpoofs
Yale's Songsters



Anyway, I adore The Whiffenpoofs, even if the seniors switch about. I was just thinking about... The West Wing. (Damn! There I go again all weepy and what-not.) It was lovely to see them for the first time, singing Christmas carols and a capella always tugs at my heart if you get them onto those lovely sentimental numbers.

Baa Baa Baa.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home