Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"In a year, Earth hasn't been the same."

Exactly a year ago, the Covenant descended upon our world and threatened to take away our very existence. And we answered to their challenge, with a Spartan. The circle is near complete, our civilization's legacy pushes on to survive. This is Halo.

Master Chief a year


But -- Who am I kidding? This was a big project no doubt and an unfinished one at that. Sure I had a blast taking down the other players on Xbox Live, and then kept the fact secret that I was a female gamer. (Alas, such sweet sadism.) The primary story of this Ring World was left dangling in mid-air. Bungie really was hardpressed for their time.

Note the date : November 9th or 11/9. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that would mean 9/11, wich is also how I write the date in my part of the world. A year has passed and one full of heartache, hardship and...hope? Maybe the last one is still irrelevant.

This was also when Mumsy had her back operation, a year ago. Sure I might have lost my mind back then, and did break down to the point of incessant self-inflicted insanity. But now I am here writing. And there is little progress. I wonder sometimes how did I manage to see through this all. My world came crumbling down, not that it is all that unusual amidst the conflicts of acknowledging my own existence...This does explain what therapy is for.

It certainly has been a crazy 365...and I am even crazier than ever before. God save us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home