Gentlewomen, Gentlemen and Genteels in between.
This is the Lyne.
One never sees the Lyne but beholds her.
One never speaks to the Lyne but converses with her.
One never writes to the Lyne, but inscribes to her...

Monday, October 24, 2005

And the food is...

I just returned from a day's trip to the neighbouring estate.

Din Tai Fung was...disappointing. I shall quote from a friend of mine that it may just suit the Northern Chinese's tastebuds, but mine are a good mix of Asian Ethnicities and so I cannot be easily pleased.

Believe it or not, they even messed up my orders. First by missing out on one and then mixing up with another's. But to be honest, I cannot appreciate the pungent flavour of pork. It was a complete repulsion the moment I had my first dumpling. Otherwise the only redeemables were the chicken broth and the fried rice. Otherwise the joint is a pricey pork lover's haven.

* A diversionary note *

And in other news, I have found myself attracted to certain male physical characteristics. Perhaps the features of simplicity and symmetry played out well. Oddly enough these were found in mere heartlanders. And if only one took time to look, they were not as bad as the local females deemed them to be.

Now if only character had a hand in it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home